
For those of you who really know me, know that I have this romantic vision—I seek the “Ivory Tower” (a quote from my loving husband) everywhere I go. Even after seeing the better half of the island, I still had not seen anything truly memorable. As we were leaving Cabo to return to San Juan, I had this idea (note that I did not say that it was a “good” idea) to take the tourist/scenic route through highway 143, which would lead us back to the 52N (toll road) through the middle of the island. We had 8 hrs to get from Cabo to San Juan, which should have left us about 4 hrs with nothing to do. So, of course I suggested (with a slight begging in my voice) that we take a tiny detour. Josh, being the overly-cautious one, wanted no part of this, but I assured him that if there wasn’t anything great to see (you just never know right?) then he could take the next exit back to the 52. Poor Josh (he was SO angry!)…it took us about 35 mins to make it the first 10 miles to get to the highway bc the roads were so windy & steep. It looked the exact same as the rest of the island (if not worse) – and to add insult to injury, he decided to turn around and the return road was closed, and then we got lost (really lost). NONE of the roads in this area where on my GPS (which I never leave home without). About 3 hours later we were right back where we detoured (at Pounce). Our Carnival ship was scheduled to depart at 10 pm, and at 7 pm we were still 100 miles away with tons of traffic (plus the rental car to turn in & a taxi to take to the port). Thank God, we made the ship in time – it was far from graceful (believe me!) - and it set sail right after we boarded.
No comments:
Post a Comment